Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Tigers in Red Weather; Liza Klaussmann


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. My pick is:


Little Brown and Company- July 17, 2012

(unsure which will be used here in the US)

(about the book) -  
Nick and her cousin, Helena, have grown up sharing sultry summer heat, sun-bleached boat docks, and midnight gin parties on Martha's Vineyard in a glorious old family estate known as Tiger House. In the days following the end of the Second World War, the world seems to offer itself up, and the two women are on the cusp of their 'real lives': Helena is off to Hollywood and a new marriage, while Nick is heading for a reunion with her own young husband, Hughes, about to return from the war. Soon the gilt begins to crack. Helena's husband is not the man he seemed to be, and Hughes has returned from the war distant, his inner light curtained over. On the brink of the 1960s, back at Tiger House, Nick and Helena--with their children, Daisy and Ed--try to recapture that sense of possibility. But when Daisy and Ed discover the victim of a brutal murder, the intrusion of violence causes everything to unravel. The members of the family spin out of their prescribed orbits, secrets come to light, and nothing about their lives will ever be the same. Brilliantly told from five points of view, with a magical elegance and suspenseful dark longing, Tigers in Red Weather is an unforgettable debut novel from a writer of extraordinary insight and accomplishment.

24 comments:

  1. This does look pretty good! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first cover looks so familiar....I know I've seen this one mentioned somewhere. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good! I like the second cover better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I like the sound and the look of this one. If I had to pick, I would say I like the first cover a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mystery with five points of view - sounds like a good challenge and a good book to wait for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this one sounds exciting! And I love stories from that time period.

    Both covers are very fetching.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really glad to know about upcoming books and this looks very good. I am on the list to get the new Maisie Dobbs, Elegy for Eddie, by Jacqueline Winspear at the library. I love that series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great! I like the top cover a little bit better than the bottom cover, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These days it seems I'm either hopping to find new books I should add or find new family names I'd like to call my own. Patricia Klaussmann? Heck, yes! Though my grandfather's name is Klaus, so maybe not so cool.. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. That one really sounds quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sound like great books. I have to check them out and put them on my TRL.

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first starting reading the description I was not expecting a literary suspense novel. What a pleasant surprise! I think that will help this one stand out from the many other books about evolving friendships. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely like the second cover best--I hope that's the U.S. version!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds good and I love both covers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the second cover way better than the first, so I'll be curious to see which is used here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds really good, nice pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cover and title of this one, and the summary you provided sounds excellent as well. I will be looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new GFC follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both of the covers and think this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just snagged this from my bookstore job. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one sounds like a winner! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick Diane. This one sounds great. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.