Tuesday, February 23, 2010

26 - Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life; James Van Praagh





Unfinished Business; James VanPraagh





I have always had an interest in stories about the afterlife.  Right before my brother passed away in November of 2009, his wife and I asked him to give us a sign after he passed, that he was still watching over his wife (on earth). He smiled and nodded his head saying that he would. In the (3) months that he has been gone, (18) light bulbs have had to be replaced in the house he shared with his wife.  Some went out on significant days: Thanksgiving, Christmas, his  birthday, his wife's birthday and Valentine's Day.  Coincidental ? I think not, as during that same period we only replaced (1) light bulb. 

In Unfinished Business , the author and famous medium James Van Praagh shares feedback obtained from some who have passed, about the importance of making amends here on earth. It appears, according to the author, that the "unfinished business" on earth which we take to the grave does appear to carry over into the afterlife.  Some of the stories are shocking and might bring a tear or two to your eyes.  From such issues as: guilt, regrets, blaming others, forgiving and forgetting, and the importance of overcoming obstacles that are getting in the way of true happiness. 

These spirits have shared what they have discovered on the other side.  Their stories help the reader to understand why some things that happened on earth, had to happen. The author, through feedback gained from contact with some spirits, shares ways that we can turn our earthly "unfinished business" to "finished business" by clearing our conscience, ridding ourselves of emotional baggage, developing a positive outlook, having compassion for others, and by having hope and faith, now while we have the opportunity. 

MY THOUGHTS - In my opinion, there will always be believers and non believers as to whether an afterlife exists. I enjoyed this book, and the stories, and  would recommend this book to those who have recently lost a loved one. I feel that this book might be a source of comfort to those who are grieving. RECOMMENDED - 4/5 stars  (Library Book)


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a thought provoking book - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I believe about the afterlife, but your story about your brother is so compelling! Thank you for sharing it.

    After my mother's death, during my last pregnancy, I desperately hoped that she would find a way to see the baby. For a while, my husband and I did have the sense that she was around, and odd little things were happening around the house. I can't rule out wishful thinking, but still ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big believer in the afterlife. Your story of the bulbs going out gave me goosebumps as well as bringing tears to my eyes. He was there!

    Loved your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in the afterlife as well. Too many people I know and trust have had stories of visitations for me not to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to believe. I watched his show a couple of times and wow, I totally bought in : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I hear, the more I believe. I think the lightbulbs are definitely a sign. No one changes them that often. Another great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big believer. This sounds like a really interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe in the afterlife and think that there are definitely moments when the souls from elsewhere seek to make contact with us, so this looks like something I'd like to read and ponder over. I think your story about the light bulbs is very cool, and I imagine your brothers wife feels very comforted by his continuing presence. Very cool review. I am off to look this book up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an interesting book. I don't know if I believe in afterlife, but like you, I've had ghostly-events happen too, attributed more to relatives of mom that I didn't know of. So I can't really say yet what I feel about it.

    I wasn't around in November, so I'll pass on my condolences now. I'm sorry you and his wife had to go through that. Makes me wish that life wasn't so temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to hear of the all the lightbulbs that are being changed!! Since my father died in August, I've become a bit obsessed with reading about the afterlife and death and dying and I will be looking for this book. It is comforting to hear your story and to hear others like it.

    Sending hugs ... but perhaps I should send a big box of lightbulbs instead! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comforting comments about my SIL light bulb experience. Believing it was a sign from my brother is comforting, and it certainly is not normal by any means.

    Jenners...I'll be waiting for the shipment of light bulbs...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.