Saturday, December 5, 2009

189 - Holiday Grind; Cleo Coyle


Holiday Grind; Cleo Coyle

In Coffee House Mystery #8, Clare Cosi is back along with some of the characters from her earlier series mysteries. Clare is a single mom, girlfriend to a NYPD detective, and coffee house manager of the Village Blend in New York City.  When Clare's friend Alf, a traveling, charity Santa is missing at the Holiday Latte tasting party, Clare becomes concerned and decides to go and look for him. She finds him dead in an alley.  Murder or mugging gone wrong? Clare is convinced it is murder, but the police are not so sure.  When the victim's daughter asks Clare to help investigate what really happened, she can't resist.

My Thoughts - If you enjoy cozy mysteries, then I think you will enjoy this book. It was an entertaining holiday read. One of my favorite things about this book (and others in the series) is the wonderful coffee recipes, and other goody recipes included in the back of these books.  By the way, it is NOT necessary to have read the previous books in order to enjoy Holiday Grind. Personally, I have read books 1, 2, 3 and now 8.  (I was glad to see some of my favorite characters were still around, and I look forward to reading more by this author.  RECOMMENDED


(sent to me by the author)

I was pleased to see book 9 is scheduled to be released in August of 2010: Roast Mortem (LOL)

11 comments:

  1. I have the first book ready to read -- perhaps over the holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cozy/food mysteries! A coffee one sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love cozies and holiday books, so this sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diane! I think this is the perfect Christmas read! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds SO cosy. Do you need to know the characters to read this one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, no it is not necessary. You can start with book # 8 if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw this one at another blog, it sounds like a fun series.
    Great review :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a wonderful book to read at this time of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this book and am really glad to hear that you can pick these up in any order and still be able to follow along. Since I haven't read a cozy mystery in awhile this one is going on the list. The coffee recipes sound really awesome as well. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This series has been on my TBR forever, it seems. And I especially love the cover of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this series around a few times and it sure does sound like something I'd enjoy. I may have to get the first one from the library and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.