Sunday, October 5, 2008

157 - Fractured; Karin Slaughter

This is a first Karin Slaughter book for me, and only after I finished it did I realize that this was book #2 in a series (Triptych being the 1st). Honestly, I do not think it matters much whether you've read the first book. This one, alone, was enjoyable. The audio book reader was good.

The story starts out in an upper class neighborhood, a girl has been savagely murdered. In the hallway, her horrified mother stands in shattered glass, having just killed her daughter's attacker. But all is not as it appears on the surface. The body count mounting and the local community is in terror, as the killer is proving almost impossible to track down.

This book kept my interest and had some unexpected twists along the way. I plan to read more books by Slaughter in the future.

RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 10/4/08

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it even though it was a second in a series and you hadn't read the first. That certainly speaks to the author's skill in that she held your interest despite it being a sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.