Thursday, September 18, 2008

145 - Damage Control; J.A. Jance

Damage Control, by J.A. Jance is book # 13 in the Joanna Brady series. Although I have read a few of Jance's mysteries and enjoyed them, I have not read a lot of books in this series.

HarperCollins Short Review

An intruder is murdered. An elderly couple runs their car off a cliff while holding hands. A trailer fire kills a man. Skeletal remains are found in a plastic bag. A quiet weekend in Cochise County, Arizona is a thing of the past. “Damage Control” combines suicide, murder, and mayhem--with revelations concerning Sheriff Joanna Brady’s personal life--in a rousing mystery sure to keep you turning the pages far into the night.

Well, long story short, this book did not have me turning pages long into the night. I did enjoy parts of it very much, but after a great start, the book slowed to a turtle's pace, and I began to lose interest. I am glad I finished the book, but all in all I found this one to be just a so so read.

RATING - 3/5 - COMPLETED - 9/17/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.